Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cause for concer?

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

For the last year I've been fighting X's perception that I'm a cold and heartless bitch.  Normal considering I left him.  But more recently I've noticed that his delusions run deeper than just me but now involve B.

Last Tuesday I went to pick up B and as he ran out to the car he tripped.  What was unusual about this was B’s reaction.  He began crying but not his “I’m hurt” cry.  When I tried to comfort him he ran around the corner of the house and leaned against the house covering his face.  Neither X nor myself seemed able to console B.  I took this as B being embarrassed by tripping and falling.  X took this as B being mad that B had to go home and couldn’t play with X any more.  Really?

At first I shrugged off the incident as another example of X thinking everything was about him.  But this morning I drop B off ten minutes early.  I tell X that B has been asking for him for about an hour – which was true.  X scoffed as if I were lying. 

Now I know how much X hates being early and have many times been treated negatively for being five minutes early without notice but seriously!  I have never been dishonest to X.  He has no reason to distrust me and furthermore, I would NEVER use my child as an excuse.

Am I overreacting?  I know I’m very protective of B and concerned how the divorce has and will affect him but am I being too protective?  Or is there a legitimate cause for concern?

No comments:

Post a Comment